Developers are busy rotting devices every now and then and so are we , here at AndroGuru WorkStation . ClockworkMod is back to the rescue once again and presenting Helium , the missing app sync and backup solution for Android which does not require rooting at all. Basically , it can be used to backup , restore and even sync Android applications just for free.
Setup Helium in just 4 easy steps :
1. Install Helium on the Android device
2. Install and run Helium Desktop from the link provided below.
3. Connect the Android device to the computer.
——- Set your USB Connection Mode to “PTP”. ( for Nexus 7, Nexus 10, etc)
4. Helium on the Android device should now be enabled.
There is not a lot to avail from the free version but the premium one offers a lot. I have broken down the features that are offered in the Premium version of Helium below.
- No ads
- Automatic Backup schedules
- Android to Android sync
- Cloud backup and restore which includes Dropbox , Box and Google Drive
Since Helium is not available to Motorola devices many ask why and some end up corrupting their Android OS after installation. Motorola phones have a bug that breaks the Android’s backup mechanism so until this bug is permanently fixed by Motorola, Helium will not work on those Android devices. Not to worry as you could download it from the link provided below.
Helium Desktop Installer (non-rooted users): Download Here
Download ( Motorola Android Devices ) : Download Here
Download ( All other Android Devices ) : Helium by ClockworkMod via Google Play Store
Latest posts by Clayton Sequeira (see all)
- iBall Slide 3G 7334Q-10 Quad Core tablet launched at Rs.11499 in India - January 30, 2014
- Instagram integrates private messaging feature - January 7, 2014